This “Making Waves Foundation” standard operating procedure (SOP) is aimed at all volunteers participating in on-water programs.
This SOP is a dynamic document that aims to standardise processes and procedures and will be updated and improved upon continuously.
The SOP will facilitate:
- The safety and enjoyment of all MWF employees/volunteers and clients.
- Yacht and equipment sustainability.
- Minimised maintenance costs.
- Employee/volunteer accountability and up-skilling.
It is the responsibility of ALL employees and volunteers to:
- Respond to all directions from the person in charge
- Pursue training.
- Ensure appropriate competency and its assessment has been obtained for allocated tasks.
- Always demonstrate an appropriate level of constructive and respectful communication with all employees/volunteers.
- Engage with clients during and outside programs and take proactive steps to ensure they have a positive experience.
- Immediately report any equipment that is not functioning correctly.