- This Policy has been informed by external legislation including the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth); the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1988 (NSW); and the Health Records and Information Privacy Act 2002 (NSW).
- This document represents MWF’s reference instrument for meeting its obligations under these Acts.
- Any circumstance where personal information is collected, stored, used or disclosed in a manner that is not in accordance with the ‘Privacy Principles’ established in this policy must be brought to the attention of the MWF General Manager.
- This Policy is binding for all MWF Representatives, as well as MWF’s decision-making and advisory bodies.
- It applies to all personal information and health information held by MWF and all forms of data capture and information collection, storage, analysis, use, communication, reporting and disclosure, including:a. email and other correspondence;
b. spreadsheets and other database applications;
c. online and paper-based forms and meeting records; and
d. in certain circumstances, it applies to verbal communication.
- MWF is an Australian incorporated charitable association holding personal information relating to its representatives, participants and guests.
- MWF will protect the privacy of its representatives, participants and guests in accordance with the principles established by this policy.
- The full life cycle of personal information handling at MWF is based upon MWF’s privacy principles. These principles are:
a. that collection of information is lawful, direct, relevant, open and transparent;
b. that information is stored securely, not kept any longer than necessary and disposed of appropriately;
c. that information is accurate and accessible to the person to whom it relates and
d. that information collected for a particular purpose, is not used or disclosed for another purpose.