How to Use a Compass
Students must follow the steps online to ‘Make a DIY Compass’.
- What are the 4 points of a compass?
- Make your DIY compass. Which direction does it always point to?
- What different animals might you see in the area? Can you identify which are mammals, and which are fish?
- Using the scale on the chart, work out the distance when sailing from point X, to point Y, to the lighthouse and back to point X. How far have you travelled?
- Draw a yacht and label 5 parts of the boat.